Friday, April 19, 2013

American Girl clothes



About a week before Christmas I was thinking about what else I might give the girls, my older daughter has an American Girl doll that looks like her and my youngest was getting hers. Looking around on the Internet I found a talented lady who makes American Girl doll clothes patters. I bought a bunch of patterns that looked like they might be easy to alter to change the look and some patterns I just hade buy! (The little jeans, i love them, they even have pockets!) I spent about 40-ish dollars on theses patterns, there were a lot of free ones offered too. I started by printing them, then gluing all the patterns to card board I recycled from work. I have a healthy stash of fun fabric and some clothes I had saved from when the girls were younger. I quickly got to cutting and sewing mostly at night while the girls slept. If I hadn't been under such a time crunch I think it would have been a lot more fun than it was but here are some of the outfits I made them.

The winter coats were made from an old tommy hilfigure coat my oldest received as a gift then handed down to her sister.

The black shirt, skirt, tank top, dress and leggings were all made from a shirt I once wore but found too tight for my style.

All the denim things were made from various old jeans once worse by my husband and or son.

I didn't have to do any altering of patterns , except for the gown, I didn't have enough fabric to satisfy the pattern so I got creative with the bodice.

The leopard print items were made with scraps I had left over from a costume I made my youngest last year.

The belts were made from odds and ends I found in my sewing box and left over straps.

They were thrilled to get them. And I love watching them dress their dolls, they both have American girl bitty babies and the cloths fit the babies as well tho not as we'll but an okay fit to please the girls.





1 comment:

Spinner said...

WOW. Those are amazing! And so much fun!