Thursday, April 4, 2013

How I make my smoothies

I start my day with a smoothie, the other day I took photo's of the fruit I cut up cause I thought it looked so pretty. I'm not going to look what the calorie count is or the nutritional content cause I don't want to read something that will ruin my morning smoothie for me, so I'll just explain to you I make them so quickly.

When I see fruit I love on sale I buy a lot of it, bring it home and cute it up, or if I notice the fruit I bought for my kids lunch isn't looking as perfect as my kids want them to be I prepare these little snack sized baggies. (You can use the per cut frozen stuff I guess but I find they have less flavour)

Usually in a Baggie I put a half banana or third of a mango with or with out a couple berries, or a half a banana and a quarter mango you really do not want to put too much in your baggies, about as much that would fit into a half cup or so. Once they are chopped and ready I pop them in the freezer to wait for me to be ready to have my breakfast.

In the morning while am toasting the kids toast I pull one of these fruit baggies out, break it up and toss it in my fake bullet blender then I add

a small single serving of yogurt any brand any flavour (I like vanilla)
1/2 cup of ice
1/4 water (you want the water to help cut some of the sweetness out but if you like sweet then replace with juice)
1/4 v8 splash juice (but any juice will do, I just like the splash because it boasts a serving of veggies too and I don't have to taste them)

While I butter up the toast I let that mix, by the time I'm done buttering I'm ready to sit and enjoy my breakfast with my children.


No comments: