Tuesday, August 27, 2013

On the go

My husband had some work in PEI and New Brunswick so the kids and I went with him. He had to work but that didn't stop kids and I from having fun at the pools and beaches.  




Along the drive I thought  it would be fun to buy a lottery ticket from each province we drove through and holy wow we actually won $120 from Quebec! Yay! 

Having been away and the kids out of school I haven't had much time  to be blogging or finishing projects. On the go right now are two and a half quilts and a few pots. 

This is one of the quilts I've started for my youngest. The colours are so her. I finished the top before our trip and was able find some fabric for the backing in PEI 


Check it out cozy flannel in the exact colours I needed 


I'm also working on my sons crazy quilt. I have been working on it for over a year.  I'm so pleased with how its coming out. If I ever finish it I've been told that I "have to" enter it in the local fair. I have more embroidery and some little patches I'd like to add to it.  But here's a peek at what I've done so far. 


I've also started another little quilt for my youngest to use at school. I love the little yellow bird I made it at the suggestion of my niece. I drew the bird with a pen on some yellow fabric and used my free motion foot to stitch over my pen lines 

 
I have a big load of pots I need to bisque among them are these, a bird bath I made for my MIL to give as a gift to her friends and a chips and salsa bowl. 


I was reminded today that my kids would be back to school in a week! Yay!! After they all start back I'll have two weeks before I have to go back to work. Two glorious weeks all for me!! No kids for a full 10 days thats 60 hours!!!!  to recover from summer haha I haven't yet decided if I'll be spending it on the sofa napping and watching Netflix with my dog or finish up my projects and starting new ones. Either way I KNOW  I'll so totally enjoy it! 😃

1 comment:

Spinner said...

Oh Jo that pink and yellow quilt is STUNNING! I totally love it :) And you found the perfect backing fabric. Yay you :) Enjoy your time to yourself. You totally deserve some time to play.