Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quick quilt

Last weekend I got around to reading what my youngest will need for when she starts school. She's the first of my children to attend full day kindergarten so I was surprised to read that she would need a blanket that would be "sent home on weekends for washing". The note didn't say if she would be using the blanking to lay on or under but I I'm certain she needs a personalized one made by mama.  So that is exactly what I started yesterday. I tried the free hand motion and love how quickly and easily I got the hang of it. The blanket feels stiff so I have it in the wash and hope that will help soften it. 


I couldn't decide on  colour or fabric so I asked my little one to pick from a couple options.  She had wanted pink but I didn't have any so she settled on the purple. I told her I would get her some pink and make another one. This quilt was so quick and so easy I don't see why I couldn't  make a couple of them just in case I don't feel like doing laundry every weekend :) 

1 comment:

Spinner said...

It looks fantastic! Yay Mama :) And of course you will make more. Who wants to do laundry!? Especially when more sewing can solve it ;)